Public Relations & Research Achievements Extension Office (PRRAEO)
Given how essential effective and continuous communication with the public is, PRRAEO office officially established in 2015. The PRRAEO office mandate is a distinctive relation management which helps establish and maintain mutual lines of communication, understanding, acceptance and cooperation between RRII and its publics; involves the management of problems or issues; helps management to keep informed on and responsive to public opinions; defines and emphasizes the responsibility of management to serve the public interests; helps management keep abreast of and effectively utilize changes, serving as an early warning system to help anticipate trends; and uses research and sound and ethical communication as its principal tools.
Field of Activities
- Reporting news and events, and publicizing the achievements of RRII, in particular, dissemination the information to the media, including the national broadcasters and newspapers
- Scheduling, participating and preparing displays in various national and international exhibitions related to rice and rice-based cropping system industries
- Scheduling, preparing and documenting workshops, ceremonies, meetings, visits, seminars, and projects
- Arranging multi-lateral interactions and communications involving RRII scientific staffs and administrators
- Scheduling national and international visits to various departments of RRII
- Increasing public, in particular farmers, awareness about RRII research findings and other novel technologies
- Cooperating with public relations affairs office of the Agricultural Research, Education and Extension Organization (AREEO) and Ministry of Agriculture-Jahad
- Management of the RRII website
- The first National Rice Farm Day Two deputies of the Ministry of Agriculture-Jahad (Agronomy and AREEO), more than 50 leading rice farmer, almost all rice experts of three rice growing provinces, a number of private rice industry sectors and all RRII researchers and technicians shared their knowledge and experiences to enhance rice based-cropping system of the country. Furthermore, releasing and introducing a number of new varieties (Rash, Guilaneh and T.H.), mass purification of Hashemi, and introducing the smart controlling paddy fields system for the first time on the country level indicated and emphasized the leading role of RRII in the country and the region.
- Four seasonally workshops for the new comer of Jahad-e- Agricultural Engineer Organization of Guilan province